Tuesday, April 3, 2012

12 Months of Awesomeness: April





Twelve Months of Awesomeness continues with another item that I have been meaning to do for years, but simply put off until tomorrow. Well, today is that tomorrow. I have always wanted to learn how to grow my own food. This month, I will be building a large elevated planter and growing my own fruits and vegetables. I have always considered myself a friend to the plant world (hehe), so now I will actually learn how to grow them. Now don't get me wrong, I have planted flowers and trees before, but just never actually produced food for my table through a garden. This may not seem like as big of a goal, but this is something that is important to me as I try to live a more sustainable life. Maybe I will even try eating only things not purchased at a grocery store or restaurant for at least a week.

In fact, I am going to do just that... this will be a dual goal. Once my garden is up, I will also try eating only food from my own creation for a week a month... We'll see how that goes.



I will start building the bed first, because we are getting 6 inches of snow today and my morning looked like this:


__________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment