Thursday, March 1, 2012

12 Months of Awesomeness: March



























So.... as many of you know, I turned 30 recently. Once I finally quit dry heaving and hyperventilating I took a real hard look at how I have spent my life. Now don't get me wrong, I have had a very spirited and eventful life, but I haven't completed half of the things that I thought I would have by now. This is an epiphany that will not go unnoticed or without immediate action. I have decided that I don't want to wake up 40 and feel the same way.

This leads us to [/que Michael Buffer voice] 12 MONTHS OF AWESOMENESS......

So here's my plan. I have spent too much time saying that, "one day I will". Every month starting with March, I will do something that I have always wanted to do, but put off. In March, I will take guitar lessons. I have sat around far too many campfires wishing I knew how to play the guitar better. 8 weeks of lessons will hopefully set me on the right path and get me jamming CCR songs by July. Either way, I will have done something that I always said I was going to do.

This is going to be a great year. 


  __________________________________________________________________

6 comments:

  1. Good on you! And best of luck with the lessons...just remember --- practice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what always has killed me. I get all excited for a few days, and then get sick of practicing. Hopefully being accountable for 8 classes will keep me on track.

      Delete
    2. I used to teach guitar lessons...I'll virtually pester you to practice! :P

      Delete
    3. Pestering is welcomed! I am taking my classes down at Swallow Hill in Denver. Pretty cool place.

      Delete
  2. 12 months of doing amazing things... wow this is such a great idea! (enter my sarcasm) Hopefully you'll feel more "accomplished" at 31 ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete