Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ok... I'll Be The One To Say It...


Okay.... as a precursor.... I will warn you that I am grumpy today. That being said, this is something that has bugged me for a long time. There are some things in the world that I just can't get past, and the "Michigan Mitt" is one of those things.

Almost everyone in the trout community is moving away from abrasive mesh nets for more "fish-friendly" options like rubber netting. This not only helps fishermen keep their hooks out of the net, but also dramatically improves fish mortality. Mesh netting pulls off the protective slime that covers our beloved trout and protects them from bacteria and infection.

So leave it to the rednecks of the world to use that same destructive mesh netting to create a mitt so they can grind on the tails of fish with it. It's ridiculous and about time we start ridiculing the people that use them. Furthermore, it is even more obnoxious when I see people using them on 10 inch fish. Those fish shouldn't even leave the water.

Exhibit A 



Don't be this guy.... you look like an idiot....

Rant concluded
______________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Haha! Totally agree! I only use a net when I'm in a canoe....if that.
    Loved the rant. ;-)

    ReplyDelete