Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sleeping With The Devil

So I was astonished when I recently read that the Boulder Fly Casters chapter of TU was hosting Todd Bryan of the Keystone Center later this month as a featured speaker. I first read this on MoldyChum, and for the sake of being "balanced", here is a link to response of the President of the BFC chapter to those at MoldyChum regarding their reasoning for hosting a Pro Pebble Mine Speaker.

That being said, I don't believe that this is an issue about "listening to all sides". We know the facts about this fight. We aren't going to learn anything more about the facts of this atrocity by listing to the rhetoric of a Pro Pebble Mine speaker at a TU sponsored event. If anything, they could even use this as more evidence of positive public view of the project. On BFC's own announcement (linked above) they refer to Todd Bryan as a "facilitator and mediator".... what a crock of shit. Todd is a nothing but a rhetoric spewing spin-meister for the Keystone Group, who I may add... IS A PRO PEBBLE MINE GROUP.

I have been a proud member of TU for over a decade. If my local chapter of TU held this, I would leave them and never give them another cent. They can twist this any way they want to, but there is zero reason to have a Pro Pebble Mine speaker at any TU meeting.

This is a battle friends. This is the most important issue facing the fly fishing community and one that will have massive impacts to the crown jewel of our sport. I have no interest in sharing tea with the enemy. I encourage those of you that may be due paying members of this chapter to tell your President to immediately cancel this event. Those of you that are TU members that are outraged like me, please send your thoughts to: boulderflycasters@gmail.com.

"THIS AGGRESSION WILL NOT STAND, MAN"
_____________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I am not a member of TU...I live in Southwest Texas and we have no native trout here, but I am with you. I don't think there is anything new to be learned by listening to him speak. I also wonder to myself if the Pro-Pebble Mine big dogs did not kick a pretty penny to have TU for this. If that is the case, and money is the driving factor, I would be highly, highly disappointed, even more than I am now, in TU, and would encourage any member in any area to leave the organization.

    ReplyDelete