Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Fishing Buddy




Did he bite me several times as a puppy? Sure... but he got over it. I think it was all of the fishing trips that made him trust me. Or maybe the cold water made him mellow out. No, I got it... it was the dead pike that he rolled in last summer. Ever since then, he realized that when I tell him not to do something, it is in his best interest.
       
Dogs don't feel hate, jealousy or care if you fart with the windows up on a long car ride. They are just happy to be going fishing with you. Getting wet and sniffing the fish you catch is nothing less than the bee's knees. My dog knows that I wont leave him or let him get swept away in the current. He knows that he is part of the fishing trip, not just along for the ride. Most of all, he knows he can trust me.
 
Yup... it had to have been the dead pike.              
______________________________________________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Dogs = The best of companions, on the water and off.(Glad the dead pike helped with that a bit!) The photo of you carrying him across the river is the perfect capture of trust. What a wonderful post...what a wonderful dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. best post ever... kudos to the kind soul who picked out that sweet little baby animal ;)

    ReplyDelete